Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday/ Christmas edition

My favorite gift I gave was for my mom a few years ago. It was a scrapbook called "Nana's ABC Book". I put together a simple ABC scrapbook with pictures of my kids. I tried to make it very simple. On each page in the upper corner I put the letter. I used ABC stickers from a scrapbook store. I also used Creative Memories square cutter to mount the letter sticker. On the "A" page I put pictures of my kids doing things that started with the letter "A". As I am typing this I can't remember for the life of me what was on the "A" page. But the "B" page was bath pictures, "P" page was pumpkin patch pictures. You get the idea. Now this was not an elaborate scrapbook each page just had cropped pictures with 1 picture backed in paper. I chose 3 colors for the book. All of the paper or stickers were red, blue, or yellow. This made it very easy. I didn't try to make each page have a theme or decorate it too much. One great thing about this gift was it can be done again. I gave this 3 years ago to my mom and I am going to do it again this year. I would love to hear if you make one. My mom loved it!!

1 comment:

Rae said...

I LOVE this idea! Very creative. Thanks for sharing =)