Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Pumpkin Bread Recipe

Today I am making some pumpkin bread loaves for tomorrow. I am really involved with our mom's ministry at church and we meet tomorrow. My husband was given pumpkin bread for a gift from a student a few years ago. Attached to the gift was the recipe. This is the second year I have made it. It is fun to start new traditions.
Here is the recipe

Pumpkin Bread

3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
3 cups sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups pumpkin
2/3 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, adn surgar in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, pumpkin, water, and oil. Stir until blended. Mix well. Pour into two 9x5 loaf pans. Bake 1 hour. Cool slightly and take out of pans to let cool on a rack. This bread keeps well in the refrigerator and can be frozen.

Hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I so agree with you, Amy. Gifts like this are just the most meaningful. Your recipe sounds wonderful. Pumpking anything, especially bread and cookies, are a big favorite around here.

I bought a really neat loaf pan at Williams Sonoma a couple of years ago. It leaves the imprint of a pumpkin vine and little pumpkins in the loaf you bake in it. This recipe is absolutely perfect for that! So thank you.

Barb said...

P.S. I really do know how to spell pumpking. I mean, pumpkin.

:-)